This private day tour from Addis Ababa takes you through the scenic East African Rift Valley part of Ethiopia to the unique rock carved church of Adadi Mariam, ancient grave site of Tiya (UNESCO World Heritage), and experience the daily life of locals with family visit. Appreciate interesting places and activities such as the unique still operational church of Adadi Mariam which is cut out of a single piece of rock in the 13th Century AD, an ancient cemetery of Tiya, and a traditional village of the Oromo people.
Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Ethiopian part of the Great East African Rift Valley and learn also how to cook Enjera, an Ethiopian pancake. This is a Tour limited to a maximum of 6 people. This is 9-hour long tour with an English speaking guide in a private comfortable Toyota Minivan for a drive of 196 km.
In the evening attends a folkloric dinner where you will have a chance to taste several national dishes and watch dances of the various ethnic groups of Ethiopia. The traditional coffee ceremony will also be served. Later you will be transferred to the airport for your departure.
- Entry/Admission – Adadi Mariam
- Entry/Admission – Tiya World Heritage Site
- Comfortable private Toyota Minivan equipped with air conditioning and seat belts
- Professional experienced English speaking tour guide
- Gasoline (Fuel)
- Bottled water
- Local family visits
- Typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony attendance and Coffee
- Local meal preparation and host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All related government taxes
- Private tour
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch – Lunch at a local Ethiopian restaurant
What’s not included
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Personal Tips
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Camera charges