In order to control the spread of COVID-19, Effective July 18,2020 the Ethiopian Government has decided to quarantine all arriving passengers entering Ethiopia for 7 days at the expense of the passengers, except travelers who can bring certificate of negative RT-PCR SAR-CoV test done up to 5 days before arrival to Ethiopia.
All travelers arriving at Bole International airport who can bring a certificate of negative RT-PCR SAR-CoV test done up to 5 days before arrival to Ethiopia, will be required mandatory 14-day self-quarantine at home after giving sample upon arrival.
- All travelers with NO certificate of negative RT-PCR SAR-CoV test done up to 5 days before arrival to Ethiopia as well as returnees will be quarantined at selected hotels including the Ethiopian Skylight Hotel for 7 days at passenger’s own expense or will be placed at different quarantine centers for 7 days. After 7 days, travelers will be tested and then self-isolated for an additional 7 days at home.
- Diplomats will be quarantined at their respective Embassies and are required to give swab upon arrival.
- Passengers who have a certificate of Negative RT-PCR SAR-CoV test are required to bring a printed copy of the result
- Rapid diagnostic test (RDT antibody test) certificate is not acceptable.
- The above quarantine requirement does not apply for transit passengers.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Ethiopian Airlines has been implementing all the recommendations of WHO and other Global Health & Travel regulators. As international travel plan is interrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ethiopian is offering hassle-free travel date change and refund process.
Unless there is a travel restriction imposed on your travel itinerary, Ethiopian continues its operation and keeps its passengers notified for any travel readjustments. However, because of the operational challenges faced due to Covid-19 (Corona Virus), we have altered some of our services.
Passengers whose travel date falls between 01 March – 30 September 2020 and tickets issued until August 31st, 2020 are eligible to:
- Keep their ticket for travel until December 31,2021 (there is no need to call or email us to change the ticket, we will keep the ticket as open status for travels until December 31,2021 so that you can rebook it whenever you decide to travel)
- Request a travel voucher for trips up to one year ahead
Terms and conditions
- If there is a difference in the airfare or applicable taxes, due to the reissue/rerouting of the ticket, the additional amount will need to be collected.
- It is also applicable to associated tickets for excess baggage, preferred seat and business class upgrade fees paid.
- Reassigning of paid preferred seat will be done to the same seat or equivalent seat. If chosen seat or equivalent seat is not available, paid amount for the preferred seat will be refunded in the form of travel Voucher/credit note for future use.
Notwithstanding the above, Ethiopian will fully comply with any specific mandatory local law or regulation that puts a different condition, criteria or rule on air ticket refunds. Please click here to find our worldwide offices contact for further explanations and additional options
For the latest travel information, we encourage all passengers to check real-time Flight Status on our website. Furthermore, please ensure that your contact details are up to date by visiting Manage Booking page of our website so we can let you know directly if your flight is affected.
If you have booked your ticket through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent to amend your booking or exchange your ticket for a future travel.