Free Cancellation , Cancel up to 24 hours before your activity starts for a full refund.
Addis Ababa Full Day Food(Meal) Tour
$98.00 – $216.00
8-10 hrs Visit
Ethiopian Traditional Foods. Doro Wat (Chicken Stew). This rich chicken stew is one of Ethiopia’s most famous dishes. We were told that when an
Ethiopia have a lot of delicious foods that are prepared from different ingredients and spicy. On this Full day Experiencing and Learning How to Make Ethiopian Food tours clients will have a chance of experiencing a deeper insight into the below sections
- History and culture of Ethiopians through shopping food stuff at local markets
- Participate in food preparation sessions
- Tasting varieties of delicious Ethiopian meals.
- Experience how the daily life goes at Merkato – the largest open air market in the continent
- Learn from a native cook how to bake and prepare
On arrival at Bole Int Airport we will meet you then we will be beheading to Merkato which is the largest outdoor market in the entire Africa. We start with visiting the Vegetable Section of the market and buying important ingredients for our food preparation session later. Next stop in the market would be the interesting Spice Market where pick our necessary and unique spices up to prepare the below .
- Ethiopia’s National food called Injera (Enjera) and eats with your fingers at one of the typical traditional restaurants of the city.
- Kocho or Qocho which is prepared from the root and stalk of Enset or False Banana Tree. Kocho is prepared from the smashed root of Enset after it is buried for at least three months in the ground and fermented
- Shirois a delicious chickpea powder-based dish (sometimes also including lentils and broad beans), slow-cooked with Ethiopia’s popular — and spicy — red berbere There are several kinds of shiro to enjoy, from the soupy thin shiro wot to the thick and glob-like (but still delectable) shiro tegamino.
- Mesir wotis a delicious (and beautifully colored) combination of split red lentils simmered in spicy berbere sauce. (Depending on the ingredients, it may be look darker.)
- Chechebsa, also called kita firfir(also called kita fitfit), is typically eaten for breakfast and is one of the rare Ethiopian dishes eaten with a spoon. Chechebsa is made of lightly fried injera or other bread cooked in berbere sauce and often served with honey. On the right it’s pictured with eggs, which can be substituted out to make it vegan.
- Timatim Salata: Ethiopia’s tomato salad is a refreshing mix of vegetables and berbere or jalapeño pepper sauce
- Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. It is a perfect moment to learn how Ethiopians’ social and economic life is closely tied with coffee and see how Coffee, born originally in Ethiopia, is entertained in the Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. Join this unique, personalized and authentic tour of Addis to see the rich Ethiopian cuisine!
Finally, along the way back to your hotel, stop at one of the ‘Tej Bets’ of Addis. Tej is traditionally brewed mead-like drink make from honey. In the evening attend a folkloric dinner where you will have a chance to taste several national dishes and watch dances of the various ethnic groups of Ethiopia. The traditional coffee ceremony will also be served. Later you will be transferred to the airport for your departure. This tour is a great option for everyone even senior travelers who want to get a glimpse of what Ethiopia has to offer.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contact less payments for gratuities and add-ons