Tour Code: ATT03
No. Of day/night: -4 Day
Mode of transportation: – Car
Oct 13- Day 1 Addis Ababa – Awash National Park
After breakfast then we will be driving to Awash National Park 225 kilometers east of Addis Ababa with its southern boundary along the Awash River the park covers 756 square kilometers of acacia woodland and grassland. In the south of the park, the Awash River gorge has amazing waterfalls. In the upper Kudu Valley at Filwoha are hot springs amid groves of palm trees. In the evening you will have a chance to do a short game drive to see the local wildlife, such as oryx, baboons, greater and lesser kudu, warthogs, gazelles, and Columbus monkeys. Additionally, you’d be fortunate to see leopards, lions, and other cats. The landscapes in the park are beautiful, looking over the Awash Gorge. Today you can drive deep into the park, near the hot springs.
Overnight: Kurifetu Resort
Oct 14- Day 2 Awash National Park -Addis Ababa
After breakfast, we will be driving back to Addis Ababa.
Overnight in Addis Helton Hotel
Oct 15-Day 03: Sightseeing Addis (The new Flower)
After breakfast Refresh and begin your sightseeing of Addis with a drive up to mount Entoto for a panoramic view of Addis. Descend down and drive to the National Museum where you will have a chance to spot the oldest hominids of the ‘Lucy’ fossil. Visit and proceed to the Holy Trinity built during WWII. Then move to the Ethnographic museum, which use to be the palace of Emperor Hailesellase.
Overnight in Addis Helton Hotel
Oct 16- Day 4 Addis Ababa –Departure
Ethiopian Foods Dishes
Ethiopia has a lot of delicious foods that are prepared from different ingredients and spicy. On this Full day Experiencing and Learning How to Make Ethiopian Food tour clients will have a chance of experiencing a deeper insight into the below sections
- History and culture of Ethiopians through shopping food stuff at local markets
- Participate in food preparation sessions
- Tasting varieties of delicious Ethiopian meals.
- Experience how daily life goes at Merkato – the largest open-air market on the continent
- Learn from a native cook how to bake and prepare to wrap up your drive to Merkato which is the largest outdoor market in entire Africa.
We start by visiting the Vegetable Section of the market and buying important ingredients for our food preparation session later. The next stop in the market would be the interesting Spice Market where pick our necessary and unique spices to prepare the below.
1. Ethiopia’s National food is called Injera (Enjera) and eats with your fingers at one of the typical traditional restaurants of the city.
2. Shiro is a delicious chickpea powder-based dish (sometimes also including lentils and broad beans), slow-cooked with Ethiopia’s popular — and spicy — red berbere sauce. There are several kinds of Shiro to enjoy, from the soupy thin Shiro wot to the thick and glob-like (but still delectable) Shiro tegabino.
3. Timatim Salata
Ethiopia’s tomato salad is a refreshing mix of vegetables and berbere or jalapeño pepper sauce
4. Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. It is a perfect moment to learn how Ethiopians’ social and economic life is closely tied with coffee and see how Coffee, born originally in Ethiopia, is entertained in the Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. Join this unique, personalized, and authentic tour of Addis to see the rich Ethiopian cuisine! Later you will be transferred to the airport for your departure.
Hotel accommodation on single room occupancy on breakfast basis and ground transport as per the itinerary, English-speaking regional guides, all entrance and scout fees include 3 refreshing facilities in Hyatt per day.
All Flight, Lunch, dinner Alcoholic drinks, airfare, Video and photographing fees, gratitude, and other related expense for per personal nature.